Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day one

This morning I went to play some pickup ultimate at a high school in Newport. 16 people showed up and we ended up getting a full sided game going. It wasn't very high quality, but it was good to run around again. After, we ate some watermelon at one of the girls' house then jumped into the sea. It was icy and refreshing, but if you stay in for more than a minute, you get a headache. After that , I walked around town for a bit and then checked the internet for housing. This is an expensive place. Its looking like rent will be at least $500/month. I am hoping to stay at a family friend's house while she is out of town until July and I'm sure I will have something figured out by then. I always have my tent. Tonight, I am going to head over to BBQ and drink some beers with some of the frisbee folks and then head downtown. It is good here. Please leave any Newport connections in the comments. cant have enough connections.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're having fun man, wish you were here to drink red dog with me in the driveway though. We better be able to meet up when I'm up that way! See ya man...

Louis said...

yeah, I just got a house to stay at and the guy i am living with is really cool. Ill be at this house until July. So I propose that I come to NYC for a day or two and then you come up to RI with me for a day or two. Its a great area and I have a pretty good set up at the moment.