Monday, June 2, 2008

Day three

On Sunday night, I went to a frisbee friend's house for some steak and beer. It was nice to hang out with some of the people that live here and could give some advice about the area and could give some good connections. For cheap beer, the famous Narragansett is a good local thing.

Today, I set up two interviews with people well connected in the area. The first is a captain that I will meet tomorrow at 9 for an interview about day work, either for him, or for people he knows. His boat is a 72 foot sailboat called "Wild Horses." I walked by it with Court today and it is a hell of a thing. The other potential connection for tomorrow is a yachting agent who might be able to help me, but as I do not yet have any skills, I imagine that she will be able to provide further connections for day work.

Today I also moved from Court's house to her kind-of aunt Cibby's house in a nearby town. It is about a 20 minute drive to Newport, but it is worth it as the area is amazing. Its close to the sea, but its deep in the woods(recent bear sightings) with a huge back yard and a great (irish setter?) dog named Lou. I am living with her house sitter Jason who is a student at URI. When I arrived, I was offered a PBR. Because of this, I know he is a good kid and the type that would definitely do 347 proud. Tonight, we went out for pint night(tonight was $2 Newcastle) at a local bar and had a great time. Should be a fun month.

No comments: