Saturday, June 7, 2008

Simple Green


During the last two days, I did day work on the CV9. I spent most of the days in the engine room with a bottle of simple green cleaning spray and some rags scrubbing up the grime. The previous captain had not been diligent in keeping the engine room spotless, and since that is the accepted state of all rooms in a luxury yacht, I had the pleasure of using an enormous amount of the stuff. Though this is not a glamorous job, I do have some good contacts as a result. Also, the pay is pretty good. I made $15/hour with free hot lunch and a paid 45min. lunch break. So it is nice to have $270 in cash after two days of work. Im working for the same boat monday as well.

Today, I'm going into town first to hit up a "Chowdah" cookoff and then to meet up with a bartender from the IYAC bar who offered to show me around town. She used to crew on boats and was able to give me some good advice. Sunday, its frisbee, Court's baby shower, then barbeque and beers and maybe bars. Sunday is a good day for bars because many of the tourists leave so its not too crowded. The Ravers play that night (Local reggae: http://www.myspace.com/theraversnewport)

No comments: