Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ready for the 4th

The header picture is one that I took of the beginning of one of the stages of the Bermuda race last friday. We sat on castle hill to watch the boats take off.

It has been 9 days since I moved into my new house. I enjoy being walking distance from everything that I like to do in this town. Day work is still going well; yesterday, I finished up the complete hull polishing and protecting of a 40 meter sailboat with a really cool Scottish guy who was the mate on the boat. He has been working on boats for a couple of years, so I took the opportunity to ask as many questions as I could think of. I think they will give me a good reference, which is huge in the yachting world. Today, I am finishing up my CV to post on the different crew networks and will print them up along with a few more professional business cards.

Aside from the breadmaking side of life, I have been just hanging out in Newport. My roommate and I have been hanging out with various friends in Newport. The other day, I was stumbling around the internet and I came to a website about geocaching. Apparently, people hide little weatherproof boxes all over the world and then save the coordinates on their GPS units. Since I have an old GPS unit from camping, I gave it a try and it was really fun. No, you're a nerd. Here is a picture of me finding my first geocache. Also pictured is a baby hat I found along the way. hopefully no baby lice.

The ultimate group ends up getting together for a barbeque after games. It usually involves jumping in the sea at the cliff walk. Heres a picture of a few of us on a weekend out. The older looking guy is Danish and, despite being old, is quite good at the firsbee. He played premier league soccer in Denmark. The guy on the right is one of my roommates, a 23 year old internet marketer from Tampa, Tony. I met him fortuitously on my way to a beach. He was riding on the same road, I asked directions and began talking about life and it was roomates at first site. moral: always ride your bike. Heres an afternnoon BBQ picture at a friend's pool.


Have a good Fourth of July

No comments: