Wednesday, September 9, 2009

same as it ever was

So I'm not sure if anyone is reading this because I haven't seen any feedback in the comments, but I suppose that could be due to the fact that nothing too exciting has happened out of here. Don't get me wrong California is a wonderful place, but I have managed to stay out of the kind of trouble that makes for awesome stories. We spend every other weekend in Catalina. When we are there we basically stay on the boat and make sure everything is running we have gotten to get off and go to the town of Avalon a few times for some meals and some beers, but most of the time we just hang out on the boat beautiful scenery, but not as active as I like to be. When we are not in Catalina, I have been playing some alternate with a team called monster based in Los Angeles, hanging out at some fun bar's in Newport Beach, and doing a little bit of exploring. I found out about a Sushi restaurant grand opening in Chino Hills. $2.50 all you can eat buffet. This is one of the pieces of tuna that later turned into nigiri and sashimi. it looks like a beef shoulder or something:

We made it over to giant Sequoia national for a fun camping trip, up to Los Angeles/Hollywood area for a couch surfing party, a visit with Boz, Weldon, Quin, andD Rob and a day at Venice Beach to watch what David Cross accurately calls the parade of the delusion. Speaking of, I am going back up to Hollywood to see him do some standup on September 21.

As for the future, I plan on back to steamboat for the winter. It was a wonderful place to live last winter and I can't wait to see some snow again. Before that, I hope to see a lot of you in Atlanta and in North Carolina when I come back on the weekend of October 10 Dylan's wedding. I am going to try to make it a long weekend hopefully get it sure about to Athens may be a night at the Chattooga but certainly a few days in Roswelll and the weekend at the wedding and North Carolina. I apologize for some weird spelling and punctuation marks in this posting; I am using a new dictationprogram that writes down everything that I say. It seems to work surprisingly well although it occasionally it types some things incorrectly. I think he got in season and will slow down now that it is after Labor Day, so if anybody is looking for a Southern California vacation, I am up for some adventures. I have to see a rebut he soon, either in Atlanta, North Carolina or steamboat. Heres a picture of one of the many huge sea lions that we see and hear on a daily basis.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Hey, I read your blog! Thanks for the update, im excited that you are going to be back in CO for the winter :)

miss you.
kg

Louis said...

Thanks so much for checking it out from time to time. I can't tell how many people check up on it; the hit counter seems to be wrong. I will be in steamboat, so you will certainly have to come visit. Maybe Ill be able to make a wisconsin trip before heading out there. ill let you guys know more in a couple of weeks.

cvm said...

Louis!
I read your blog!! I love reading about and seeing pictures from all of your adventures and travels! You write so craftily and you are livin an amazing life! I would've commented earlier but I thought I had to have a gmail account to comment. Apparently not! oops! haha
Have fuN!
Claire

Chase said...

Dear Louis,

First, I love you. Second, I check in on your blogg still! Third, I will go out of my way to see you when you're back in GA.
As a general observation your life is kinda like a crazy tv show or movie or something. This blogg is kinda like the weekly or monthly viewing of said show. I'd like to see a little more drama mixed into the next season. And lets ramp up the sexy factor (Louis Gone Wild: Newport Beach edition?)

"“When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
~Jack Handy

Peace!